Melt-in-your-mouth nutty Chinese Peanut Cookies are my Gugu’s all-time favorite. She would often send me the best Peanut Cookies she could find every Chinese New Year. This year however, I am going to send her some homemade Peanut Cookies instead.
Often also known as, “花生饼干”. These cookies are so rich and indulgent. Using Rice Flour instead of All-Purpose/Plain Flours makes the cookie even more melty when it hits your mouth. It also makes it gluten-free!
Be sure to use freshly roasted peanuts instead of rancid ones.
My advice for rolling out pastry is always to roll out between two wax/parchment papers instead of dusting it with flour. Excess flour will change the texture of the cookie, making it tough and flavorless.
- 100 grams of icing sugar
- 200 grams of grounded peanuts
- 300 grams of rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 120 grams of chopped peanut bits
- 175 ml. of vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk with a tbsp. of water for egg wash
- Mix in all the dry ingredients.
- Drizzle in oil and knead till well combined.
- Roll out the dough between two parchment papers till 1 cm thickness.
- Cut out using cookie cutter. Reroll till finished
- Egg wash them
- Bake it in the oven for 20 minutes at 165C.
- Let it cool completely and store it in airtight container.