Today I will show you how to make Berry Buttercream. You can replace any jam that you like and it will be great too! Not too sweet but sweet enough. Goes really great with my ‘Easy Chocolate Cupcake‘! I suggest you to put it in the fridge for at least 30 to 40 minutes to let it set so that it will be easier to pipe, especially if you are living in a tropical climate like me. (hot and humid >_<)
Recipe uses “Easy Chocolate Cupcake” (http://youtu.be/udIhMISwfIo)
- 60 grams (¼ cup) of raspberry jam
- 60 grams (¼ cup) of strawberry jam
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) of icing sugar
- 120 grams (1/2cup) of unsalted butter, soften but still cold
- In your mixer using paddle attachment, add in you butter, both jams and sift in icing sugar.
- Beat on low until everything has been dissolved then beat on high for at least 8 to 10 minutes. Scrape down the sides every 2 minutes.
- Using a piping bag fitted with large star tip, pipe icing on top of cupcakes.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes after beating so that it will be easy to pipe.
- Change to your favorite jam flavor for a different taste.