This simple yet silky dish is commonly eaten throughout most chinese households with rice.
Yet, not all households can make this smooth and creamy silky savory custard.
What’s my secret?
The result is important! Not only it is smooth and creamy, soy milk also adds richness to the flavor. It’s like heavy cream in western dishes!
- 7 eggs
- (1 cup) 250 ml of vegetable stock
- (1 1/2 cup) 375 ml of unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp. of light soy sauce
- ½ tsp. of sesame oil
- Chives and sliced large chili to garnish
- Preheat steamer while you make your custard
- Whisk in all the ingredients into a large measuring jar.
- Transfer the egg mixture into an 8 inch round pan through a sieve.
- Steam it for about 20 minutes until firm to touch.
- You may garnish with some chives and sliced large chili. Serve this delicious savory custard with rice.