Snow skin mooncake is a Chinese food eaten during the Mid-Autumn Festival.
Snowskin Mooncake (冰皮月饼)
Write a review
- 100 grams of Fried Glutinous Rice Flour (Koufen)
- 30 grams of Shortening
- 80 grams of Icing Sugar
- 150ml of Water
- Food Coloring (optional)
- A few drop of vanilla extract
- 300+ grams of filling. (I'm using lotus paste and red bean filling)
- Sift together koufen, and icing sugar together.
- Rub the shortening into the flour mixture.
- Combine the water, vanilla extract and coloring, and add to the flour.
- Mix until soft dough forms, and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 25 grams ball. Divide your filling into 25 grams ball.
- Flatten your dough and put one filling ball onto it and wrap it around.
- Dust them with some koufen, place it in the mooncake mould and press the mooncake out. Place it on floured surface.
- Put them into airtight container and leave them to chill in fridge. Serve them cold. Put in fridge up to a week.
- Makes 12-13 50 grams-sized snowskin mooncake