Write a review
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 60 grams of white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. of condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. of sponge gel/ovalette (optional)
- 60 grams of plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp. of oil
- 250 grams of cream cheese, softened
- Cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180/160C fan-forced. Scoop up about 1 tablespoon ball of cream cheese into the center of each muffin liner.
- In your mixing bowl, add in eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, condensed milk, and sponge gel. Whisk on high for a good 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Fold in sifted flour. Fold in oil.
- Transfer into a jar and fill each muffin liner up till 90% full. Lightly drop the pan 1 to 2 times
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake it in the oven for 20 to 26 minutes.
- Let it cool in the pan.
Can I add baking powder to allow muffin to raise and how much to add?
Zong Han Chua
Nope, this is a sponge cake recipe. It doesn’t need the baking powder to raise the muffins.
However, if you really want to give a kick, you could add 1/4 tsp of baking powder.