Chocolate Chip Muffins
Love this recipe, it is perfect for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea break. I love to make these and wrap it with a cute plastic bag for my friends. These muffins taste best on the day itself, of course you could freeze it up to several months and pop it into the microwave when you need it or just hurry for a quick breakfast. I have made these muffins so many times that sometimes I don’t even need to look at my recipe book, and people always come back asking for more.
Made some for one of my family gatherings along with some Nutella puff pastry.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Write a review
- 195 grams of plain flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 90 grams of white sugar
- 65 grams of unsalted butter
- 65ml of oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml of milk
- ¾ of chocolate chip
- Preheat your oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced.
- In a bowl, add in butter and cream on high for about 30 second.
- Add in sugar and cream for another 30 second.
- Add in vanilla extract and cream for another 30 second.
- Add in oil, beat on high until homogeneous, scrape down if needed.
- Add in egg, one at a time on high.
- Add in milk and mix on high until homogeneous. Milk tends to separate so it will take slightly longer to combine.
- Add in baking powder and flour into the batter, mix on low until just combine.
- Fold in chocolate chip. Don't over mix!
- Transfer it onto your muffins pan with liners using an ice cream scoop if possible.
- Top up with some extra chocolate chip.
- Drop the pan lightly a few times to release the air bubbles.
- Bake it in the oven for 25 -- 30 minutes or until golden brown, toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes transfer to a wire rack or air tight container.
- For cakes and muffins, it is best to use ingredients that are room temperature. Scraping as often as needed helps to mix evenly.
Thanks so much for the recipe! The chocolate chip muffins were yummy!
Oye hueón tu receta no resulta…………. D:
Thank you for the recipe, I would love to use strawberry chip instead of chocolate chip, and I believe it will be good as well.
Thank you for such amazing recipe!!! I was wondering if I can add Nutella in the centre before bake it. Im concerned that the Nutella however will sink to the bottom. Tell me your opinion please!
Zong Han Chua
Yes you may.