I have been pretty busy but would still want to have something delicious to start my day. Lemon Blueberry Muffin comes to mind and it is really very easy to make! Make it the night before and enjoy it on the go the next morning! I often bring extra to school to share with my friends and they loved it. It’s such an easy recipe to make, literally, you could make this with just one large bowl. Yet, how comforting it could be in the morning, especially when you know your day will be busy.
If you ask me, muffin or cupcake, I would always go for muffins. They are simple, delicious and buttery. I never like the rich and greasy cream of a cupcake and muffin is the way to go. In the past, I tried to create cupcake recipes for my viewers as they request. But, I never really enjoy having it. To share a recipe, I feel, must come from the heart. If I share something I don’t like, why bother sharing?
I hope you will enjoy making the recipe as much as I do. Being able to share a recipe that I really love, is my way of showing how I live my life and how I cook in the kitchen. I hope it will always inspire you all to eat well and stay happy. 🙂
- (125 grams) 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- (185 grams) 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of lemon extract
- (170 grams) 1 1/4 cups of plain flour
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 3/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- (65 ml) 1/4 cup of yogurt
- (200 grams) 1 cup of blueberries
- (125 grams) 1 cup of icing sugar
- Half Lemon Juice
- Zest of one Lemon
- Preheat oven to 200C
- In a large bowl, mix in all the wet ingredients, melted butter, white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and yogurt.
- Stir in dry ingredients, plain flour, cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda.
- Fold in half of the blueberries into the batter.
- Transfer into 12 muffin pan lined with paper liners.
- Scatter the rest of the blueberries on to the pan evenly.
- Bake it in the oven for 20 to 22 minutes until golden brown and skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before glazing.
- In a bowl, mix icing sugar, zest and juice of a lemon until it turns into a thick liquid.
- Make sure not to add too much lemon juice else it will be too runny.
- Spoon the glaze over the muffins to enjoy.