This spicy cucumber is my home-made favorites! When I was young, my mother usually cook this spicy cucumber at least twice a week! This goes great with rice. Cucumber can also be a vegetable dish! It’s soft, spicy and tasty!
Apparently, someone on YouTube thought that it was a curry dish. LOL I did not mention the word ‘curry’. So, no! It is not a curry dish but rather spicy vegetable dish. I am sure not many have heard of this dish, so don’t be skeptical and give it a try if you like spicy!
Write a review
- 650 grams of cucumber
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 large chili
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Mushroom Extract to taste (or any seasoning will do)
- 1 small chili padi (optional)
- Using a peeler, peel the skin of the cucumber.
- Cut of the sides.
- Divide the cucumber into half and half again.
- Remove the seeds and cut halves cucumber into bite size pieces.
- Soak and wash the cucumber to remove any dirt.
- Drain the cucumber well.
- Cut the large chili into small pieces.
- Minced a small chili padi.
- In a wok/pan, add in oil and heat up.
- Add in garlic and on top of the garlic add in salt. This will bring out the garlic flavor.
- Stir fry garlic till slightly roasted.
- Add in chili and cucumber.
- Season the cucumber according to taste.
- Add in chili powder and continue to sauté for a few minutes to let the cucumber to absorb the favor.
- Add in large chili and mix evenly. Add in 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- After 10 minutes, add in about 1/3 of water and season the gravy according to taste.
- Bring it to a boil and shut the heat off.
- And now it's done!
- a few teaspoon of sugar if it is too spicy for your tasting helps.