No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
Super easy but yet impressive and delightful Oreo Cheesecake, great for those that don’t have an oven at home. If you ever think of making something that will be sure to please everyone but you are new to baking, this Oreo Cheesecake recipe is the way to go! I mean, who doesn’t love Oreo?
Especially in our hot and sunny climate here in Singapore, many times I find myself reluctantly wanting to use the oven as it will increase the surrounding temperate in my kitchen. With this, no-bake recipe, all I have to do is to throw everything into the mixer, transfer into a cake pan, and pop it into the fridge overnight. Quick, simple, and definitely way more cooling.
As usual, step-by-step instruction video recipe can be found in my YouTube channel,
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
Makes 6 inch cake
Servings 6 people
Oreo Cookie Base:
- 120 g oreo
- 50 g of melted butter
- 120 g oreos crushed
- 235 g cream cheese softened
- 100 g icing sugar
- 125 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp gelatin powder
- 15 ml hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of half lemon
To make the Oreo cookie base:
- Remove the frosting that is sandwich between two cookies of the oreo. Set aside.
- Blitz oreo cookies and softened butter in a food processor until it turns soft wet sand consistency. If you don't have a food processor, you may crush it with a rolling pin and a ziplock bag, then stir in melted butter.
- Press it into a 6-inch removable round cake pan firmly.
Put it into the fridge to chill while you make your Cheesecake.
- In a mixing bowl, whip whipping cream until soft peaks. Set that aside in the fridge.
- Sprinkle gelatin powder over hot water and let it bloom.
- In another separate bowl, beat softened cream cheese, icing sugar, and the frosting from the Oreos we removed earlier until smooth.
- Drizzle in vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- Once everything is nicely combined, pour in soft whipped cream and gelatin mixture and beat until the mixture is nice and thick.
- Finally, fold in crushed Oreos.
- Immediately, transfer the cheesecake mixture into the pan and smoothen it out with a spatula.
- Let it chill overnight in the fridge.
- Once it has been chilled, let it sit in room temperature for about 10 minutes before trying to remove the cake from the pan.
- Decorate the top with some crushed oreos, nicely whipped cream, and some more oreos. You can also decorate however you like!