so tasty and no one will know is vegetarian! Trust me, I gave it to my friends and they thought it was beef/pork.
Write a review
- 9 sheets of instant lasagna
- 400 grams of tau kua (firm tofu) that has been freeze and thawed, rinse and squeezed to remove juice.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 ½ can of tomato sauce, 640 ml
- 50 grams of mushroom
- 50 grams of green bell pepper
- 50 grams of carrot
- 2 tsp. of dried basil
- 1 large onion
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper and mushroom extract seasoning to taste
- 250 grams of cottage or ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan, plus extra for topping
- 1 ½ tsp. of dried parsley
- ¾ cup of mozzarella, shredded
- ¾ cup of cheddar, shredded
- 2 tbsp. of plain flour
- To make the tomato sauce. Freeze tau kua and thawed it. Try to squeeze out the all the liquid, rinse and squeeze again.
- Wash all your vegetables.
- Crumble tau kua using your hands.
- Roughly slice tomatoes into small pieces.
- Roughly chop onions into fine pieces.
- In your food processer, add in mushrooms, green bell pepper, and carrot. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In your saucepan, heat up oil over medium-high heat. Sauté minced garlic until aromatic.
- Add in onion, you onion to cook down a little bit.
- Add in crumbled tau kua and stir-fry until it becomes dry and slightly firm. Take a few minutes.
- Add in your finely-chopped vegetables, continue stir-fry for a minutes or two.
- Bring your heat to medium-low, throw in tomato sauce. Mix well, season with salt, pepper and mushroom extract seasoning and bring to a light simmer.
- Sprinkle in dried basil. Bring it to a boil and at in tomatoes. Simmer for a minute or two. Shut off the heat and set aside.
- To make the cheese mixture. In a small bowl, add in cottage or ricotta cheese, dried parsley and ¼ cup of grated parmesan. Mix evenly and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 180/160C fan-forced.
- Using 7 by 7 inch square pan, add a thin layer of tomato sauce. Then 3 sheets of instant lasagna. Spread half of cheese mixture evenly. Sprinkle in ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella,
- ¼ cup of shredded cheddar.
- Add in another layer of tomato sauce, than instant lasagna, than rest of cheese mixture than sprinkle another ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella, ¼ cup of shredded cheddar. Then another layer of tomato sauce.
- Lastly, add in another 3 sheets of instant lasagna, rest of tomato sauce and sprinkle another ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella, ¼ cup of shredded cheddar, and grate generously amount of parmesan.
- Bake it in the oven for 40 -- 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before you can eat.