Broccoli and Tofu Stir-fry
Write a review
- 300 grams of egg tofu (2 packets) (substitute for tofu if vegan)
- 330 grams of broccoli, chopped
- 30 grams of carrot
- 30 grams of green bell pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. of mushroom sauce (Oyster sauce substitute)
- 1 ½ cup of water
- 1 chili padi, minced
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt, pepper and mushroom extract seasoning to taste
- 1 tbsp. of corn starch
- 3 tbsp. of water
- Cut green bell pepper into slice and dice them.
- Remove broccoli's stem. Chop them into bite size pieces. Or you can tear them into pieces.
- Remove carrot's skin using a vegetable peeler. Halved carrot, and dice them.
- Carefully slice egg tofu into equal pieces.
- Heat up your frying pan with at least an inch high of oil. Gently add in your egg tofu in batches. Deep fry until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, add in corn starch and 3 tablespoon of water. Mix well, set aside.
- In a wok on high heat, heat up some oil and sauté minced chili padi and garlic until aromatic.
- Add in vegetables. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and mushroom extract seasoning
- Stir fry for about a minute.
- Add in 1 ½ cups of water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for about a minute.
- Add in mushroom sauce. Sauté for another minute and simmer with the lid closed for a few more minutes until tenderly soft.
- Turn your heat down to low, add in corn starch and mix well until sauce is thickened.
- Add in tofu and carefully stir until warmed.
- Transfer into a dish and serve with hot rice.
- Substitute tofu for egg tofu if vegan