For this year’s mother’s day recipe, I will be sharing with you guys how to make this really simple no oven Earl Grey Custard Pudding! The recipe is fairly simple and you do need a pot to steam these custards.
If you don’t fancy Earl Grey, switch it up yourself to your liking or even omit it. I don’t think you can go wrong with this recipe as long as you weigh your ingredients correctly. I have used condensed milk instead of just sugar because it allows the custard to be really creamy smooth.
Earl Grey Custard Pudding
- 80 grams of sugar
- 30 ml of water
- 150 grams eggs 3 medium
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 375 ml milk
- 60 ml condensed milk
- 2 bags earl grey tea
- To make the caramel sauce, add in sugar and half the amount of water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a bubbly boil and simmer until it is browned.
- Pour the rest of the water into the pan and shut off the heat.
- Immediately transfer into your pudding cups before it gets hard.
- In the same pot, warm milk with two Earl Grey tea bags to infuse the flavour. Let it cool before using.
- Add in all of the ingredients, eggs, condensed milk, vanilla extract and infused milk into a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Then, strain through a strainer to make it smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture over into the cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap or aluminium foil while you preheat your steamer.
- Steam in medium heat for about 35 minutes. Stop the heat and let them cool in the steamer for 10 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm or put in the fridge to serve cold.