Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Write a review
- 195 grams of plain flour
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 90 grams of white sugar
- 100 grams of unsalted butter
- 30 ml of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml of milk
- 90 grams of white chocolate chips
- 45 grams of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced.
- In your mixing bowl, add in butter and sugar, cream on high for about a minute.
- Add in oil, beat on high until homogeneous, scrape down if needed.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Add in egg, one at a time on medium speed.
- Add in milk and mix on high until homogeneous.
- In another bowl, whisk in dry ingredients, plain flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the batter, mix on low until just combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Don't over mix!
- Transfer it onto your muffins pan with liners using an ice cream scoop.
- Drop the pan lightly a few times to release the air bubbles.
- Bake it in the oven for 25 -- 30 minutes or until golden brown, toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes transfer to a wire rack.
- For cakes and muffins, it is best to use ingredients that are room temperature. Scraping as often as needed helps to mix evenly.