Honey Cornflakes – Chinese New Year
The special occasion of the year will once again come by. Chinese New Year to me, is so enjoyable not just about the people. The food is what I also really love.
I will be sharing with you a super easy and fuss-free recipe. No buying of fussy ingredients, or crazily long list of recipe list to follow. Honey Cornflakes, the name says it all.
Quick and simple. Family and friends love it, and very suitable for this festive occasion.
Write a review
- (3 cups) 90 grams of plain cornflakes
- (6 tbsp.) 90 grams of honey
- (6 tbsp.) 90 grams of salted butter
- Dried cranberries
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan-forced.
- Melt honey and salted butter on low until bubbling in a sauce pan.
- Throw in cornflakes and mix well.
- Transfer into mini cupcake pans with liners.
- Bake it in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add extra toppings for some variations.
Hi may I know how long can I keep this?
Zong Han Chua
A month would be fine 🙂
Hi Zong Han, based on your recipe, i found out my cornflakes turn a bit oily after the next day i baked, is there anything i need to take note?
Zong Han Chua
I’m not too sure about it! Did you let it cool completely before storing it in a jar? Usually, it should turn out hard and sticky, almost like a candied layer.
How long to wait for it to completely dried up & set?? Mine is falling apart inpieces..