If you are having berry muffins, you would want to have lots of berries in each and every muffins right? This recipe will sure to satisfy you.
And with a generous amount of buttery crumble topping. This is to-die-for.
Mixed Berry Muffins
Write a review
- (1 ½ cups) 195 grams of plain flour
- 2 ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. of salt
- (1/2 cup) 125 grams of white sugar
- (7 tbsp.) 100 grams of unsalted butter
- (2 tbsp.) 30 ml of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- (1/2 cup) 125 ml of milk
- 1 tbsp. of cornstarch
- (1 ½ cups) Mixture of different berries
- (6 tbsp.) 90 grams of melted butter
- (1 cup) 125 grams of plain flour
- (1/2 cup) 125 grams of packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced.
- To make your crumble, rub in melted butter with plain flour and brown sugar. Put it in your fridge while you make your batter.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set them aside.
- In your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy on high speed.
- Turn your mixer to medium-low speed and add in oil.
- Add in vanilla extract
- Drizzle in eggs, one at a time
- Next, slowly stir in milk.
- Then, fold in dry ingredients on low speed until just combined.
- In a bowl, combine mixed berries and starch together. Fold it into the batter.
- Transfer into 12 muffin pan lined with paper liners.
- Finally, scatter over the crumble mix.
- Bake it in the oven for about 27 to 30 minutes.
- Let it cool completely. You may reheat it in toaster to get the crispy crumble.
- Add some cinnamon powder if you like.