Tomato Soup with Croutons
Write a review
- 2kg of fresh tomato
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 carrot
- Handful of basil
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. of mushroom extract seasoning powder
- Season with salt, dried oregano and black pepper
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 baguette
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of dried basil
- Preheat oven to 220 or 200C fan-forced.
- Cut all vegetables into chucks and transfer into a deep baking dish to collect all the juices later.
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients together.
- Drizzle in the seasoning and toss well.
- Roast it for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place the mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer into a pot and add in 2 cups of water. Taste it for seasoning in case you may want to adjust and bring it to a boil.
- Serve warm.
To make the croutons
- Preheat your oven to 220 or 200C fan-forced.
- Slide a baguette into chucks, seasoning them with olive oil, dried basil and pepper.
- Transfer into a baking tray and toast them for 5 to 10 minutes until crispy golden brown.