Delightful light and fluffy Pancakes. So perfect!
This recipe is a little unconventional. I separated egg yolk and egg white and whisked the egg white with sugar until stiff peaks. This actually helps the pancakes to be light and fluffy.
Picture perfect. I actually like to go with a slab of Butter, drizzle of Maple Syrup, some Berries and a dollop of Greek Yogurt. But, in this case, I did not use any Greek Yogurt for photoshoot wise.
Pancakes for you?
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 grams of plain flour
- 30 grams of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons white sugar or Gavia Natural Sweetener
- In a large bowl, whisk in egg yolks, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and buttermilk until well combined.
- Sift in plain flour, corn starch, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another clean bowl, whisk egg whites and sugar using a mixer on high speed until stiff peaks.
- Slowly fold in your egg white meringue into your batter until combined.
- Preheat your non-stick frying pan on medium-low heat. Grease it with a thin layer of oil.
- Once heated through, drop about ½ measuring cup worth of pancake batter into the pan.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook for about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer onto serving plate and repeat until batter is used up.
- Freeze it in ziplock bag and reheat in the microwave/toaster for your next breakfast.