Super easy chocolate cupcake. No butter, no eggs, no milk. Super simple, great for vegans too! I think chocolate cake, should taste like chocolate. But I am also a very lazy person, would love to do things the easy way. And therefore, I found this recipe and was amazed how delicious these chocolate cupcakes were even though it is so simple.
Recipe comes with “Berry Buttercream Frosting” (http://youtu.be/0y0F0NaN8bs)
Okay okay okay, I know my piping skills is’t great but I have to say, the photo above was made with my friends and I piped the better looking ones. (Not to brag but I don’t want to lose face hahaha….)
- 1 ½ cups of plain flour
- ¾ cups of granulated white sugar
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cups of water
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 180/160C fan-forced.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and sift in cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, add in your water, oil, vanilla extract and vinegar. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just combined. Just make sure not to over mix, lumpy batter is alright.
- Transfer into your cupcake tin, filling evenly with the batter.
- Drop the pan lightly a few times on to the counter top to release the air bubbles.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 24 minutes.
- Let it cool on the pan for about 10 minutes, transfer them on the rack to cool.
- Recipe in video comes with "Berry Buttercream Frosting" (http://youtu.be/0y0F0NaN8bs)