Low-Fat Almond Muffins
Super simple Low-Fat Almond Muffins!
I really like this muffin recipe because not only it is so simple, it is also light and refreshing. These muffins have a subtly nutty sweet flavor due to the combination of almonds and apple together.
Make it gluten-free by using all ground almonds instead of plain flour.
I have used my homemade applesauce for this recipe.
Low-fat Almond Muffins
makes 10 to 11 muffins
Write a review
- (125 grams) ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs
- (125 grams) ½ cup of white sugar
- (90 grams) 3/4 cup of plain flour
- (90 grams) 3/4 cup of ground almonds
- 1/8 tsp. of salt
- ¼ tsp. of baking powder
- ½ tsp. of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. of almond extract
- Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 or 160C fan-forced.
- In a large bowl, whisk in eggs, applesauce, vanilla and almond extract together. Give it a good whisk for a minute until eggs are slightly frothy.
- Stir in sugar, ground almonds, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Lastly, fold in plain flour. Transfer into muffin pan lined with paper liners.
- Scatter over some sliced almonds
- Bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Use ground almonds instead of plain flour for gluten-free muffins