Double Chocolate Cranberry Almond Cookies – Christmas
I’m always about indulgence. This Christmas, I’m looking for something quick and simple to indulge myself in my own room and this was what I came up with. What ‘s rich when there’s no dark chocolate in a recipe?
You get the crunch from the toasted almonds. Yet, you also get a hint of sweetness from the delicious dried cranberries. Paired with the rich soft cookie, it’s amazing.
Double Chocolate Cranberry Almond Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cups of plain flour
- 1 heap tbsp. of cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 100 grams of salted butter, melted
- ½ cup of brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. of fine white sugar
- 1 egg
- 90 grams of dark chocolate chips, melted
- 40 grams of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 40 grams of dried cranberries
- 40 grams of sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine melted butter and both sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Crack in an egg.
- Fold in melted dark chocolate.
- In an another bowl, whisk together plain flour, cocoa powder and baking soda until well combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients into the wet mixture until flour is just combined.
- Gently fold chocolate chips, dried cranberries and sliced almonds.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and meanwhile preheat oven to 180C.
- Scoop out the chilled dough with tablespoon measuring spoon and roll it into a ball.
- Press down for a flatter cookie or leave it if you like it chunky.
- Bake it in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve.
- Keep it in an airtight container if not consumed within the next few hours.
- Change dried cranberries to a different dried fruits to your liking.
- Add orange zest for a more festive flavor.